Sunday, June 19, 2005

Well finally I have a blog

Well finally I have made some time in this crazy world to set up a blog. I am not sure how often I will post but lets say that I will try to do it at least 3 or 4 x/week for starters.
Today I met my newest grandbaby for the first time. She, her Mom and her two big brothers travelled 17 hours from Osaka, Japan to arrive here in sunny Alberta. She was born on April 30 and so she has certainly grown from her birth pics and she is a darling. She hasn't ditched her heavy stature and is still growing nicely from her 10lbs 14ox birthweight.
My dd works in Osaka for the Canadian government and is now on maternity leave. We were all excited to see them all and her two big brothers are wonderful as I knew they would be.
Knitting has been in between many other things lately. I am working on a pair of socks for the Secret Sock pal exchange...and knitting some lace of course in this summer of lace...
In my crazy work world, my weekend is Thursday/Friday. On Friday I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with a dear friend that I have not seen for a long while. We literally ran into one another at a fabric store on my birthday so just about a month ago and then planned lunch a couple of weeks ago. We picked up sort of where we had left off, with a few years of "gap filling" to bolster our friendship. We giggled, laughed and shed some tears at lunch and it was all good.
This must be the month for friends as earlier I had dinner with my oldest and dearest friend Cheryl. She and her man of many years and DH, Ross were visiting Alberta and they made a sideways trip to see me. It was all too brief but wonderful and again, many laughs, and lots of sharing,...now that conversation is just like a semi-colon between the years of pauses...
Well guess I will call it a day for now and see what I can do with my next post. Thanks for reading if you have ..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home