Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sunny Saturday

Well here it is the weekend again and my "Monday" after my two day weekend. This is the first week I have had two days off for a while and I wanted to take advantage of it. I did get lots of knitting done and FINALLY finished "Cozy" from the fall issue of Knitty. I need to block it yet and then the pics will follow.

I have been spending a very pleasant Thursday morning for the past few weeks looking after my 15 mth old grandson. He is so delightful and as I tell anyone who will listen, he is the first grandchild born (of the 5 I have) in which I lived in he same city. Ali (the first) was born while I was living in Toronto so the visits were as often as I could make it but it just isn't the same, as I am sure some of you know.

With the other 3, I have never been around them for any length of time and it makes it hard to be a part of their lives as I picture a grandparent to be. I treasure the times I am around them but now with them living in Japan their visits are infrequent and long. They will be "home" in Canada (we hope) in 9 mths though and that is wonderful.

I am past the heel on a pair of socks that I started toe up. I decided that I would like to "experiment" with toe up and short row heels so that I could honestly have a pair truly finished when they come off the needles. I got to the short rows and tried (THREE TIMES!!) and gave up, inserted my waste yarn for the After Thought Hel and went on to the leg. Yikes! I guess one shouldn't mess with a good thing.

Off to get some breakfast and ready for work.
Hope your day is filled with sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home