Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sockapal-2-zer - finally finished


Can't believe it took me this long...guess the stress of deciding to move, moving and then finally getting organized to finally finish the socks I started for the Sockapal2zer fun knit!! I knit the "Waving Lace Socks" from Spring 2004 IK and they were a fun knit. My Secret Sock Pal said she likes bright colours and orange, lime green etc were fun for her. Soooooo, you see what she is getting. They are washed and blocked and ready for mailing out tomorrow to the US of A!

Otherwise, I have some pics to take of some yarn and kits that I have decided to get rid of. Many I have not touched for a looong time. There is no room here for me to keep things I am not likely to knit so off they go.
Stay tuned as I will upload those very soon. My weekend starts on Thursday so I should be able to get it done on Thursday or Friday my two days off this week.

I need to get a couple of other items to go in the parcel tomorrow so must get organized and get ready for work too.

Tomorrow is not only payday but a VERY special day for a very SPECIAL FRIEND. Sandra turns the big 6-5 tomorrow and officially retires. She has just returned from a trip to the coast and looking after her grand while his parents went off on an anniversary weekend.
We first met "online" on a knitting message board about 5 yrs ago and then a few of us (7 to be precise) decided to meet and get together 3 1/2 years ago. We were some of the first "internet" knitters to meet up and although my sil was sure that they were all hairy tatooed bikers and that I shouldn't go, we persisted and have since become very good friends. In particular there are 3 or 4 of us that are very close and I cherish those friendships. So Sandra, celebrate your day and celebrate who you are 'cause you are one special lady!!!