Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nothin' but Knittin'

Yarn Tales

Well there has been lots and lots of knitting at Chez Grammy these days. After the wonderful week (well 5 days actually) of knitting with good friends, I finished off 3 pairs of socks that were on the needles. Image hosting by Photobucket In addition, my Sockapaloooza socks are all finished, label printed and ready to go as soon as I get the address of my Sock Pal.

After finishing the socks, and with time to knit, I cast on for the final time (ask Sandra about that!!)a sweater for me. It is ChickKnits cutaway and I am using a denim coloured yarn, more acrylic than wool however it is knitting up quickly and looks nice. I made some changes to the pattern and cast on with a bit of a ruffle. Now that doesn't sound like me, the ruffle I mean, however I thought it would be fun! Now I have to figure out how to get it to match up the fronts and around the neck edge but I will cross that bridge a bit on in the knitting.:)
Last Thursday I picked up Ali and CM and we walked to a knitting store close to DD's house. The owner, Polly, L.O.V.E.S. it when I come in with the grands especially an 8yr old girl as she knows that I will buy something. This time, however we were shopping for my soon to be 1 year old Caelan. I wanted to knit her the dress and sweater out of the latest FCEK. Now that mag rarely inspires me, however I always buy it!! - go figure - . It is pattern number 30 and shown knitted in Paton's Grace. I decided on something a bit more colourful and went with Katia yarn, Mississippi 3. You can see that the hot pink, with a colourful band of lime and turquoise is really cute!! !!:)Image hosting by Photobucket

So of course, after finishing all those socks, I HAD to cast on another pair! Can't be without socks on the needles. Doig toe up on some Trekking that I purchased ...more on that in my next post.

A fun contest at http://kat-knits.blogspot.com/ Put your hat in the ring...why not.....Let me see the five places I have knit other than my home or knitting store are....
1. The Dr's office (not that unusual I guess)
2. Getting a pedicure..hey, might as well really relax and enjoy the entire process!
3. The car..waiting..traffic, red light, well you know!
4. Ali's soccer games
5. At a wonderful GTG (Get ToGETHER) with wonderful knitting friends..the lodge, the ranch..nothing better than knitting with friends, giggling, chatting, sharing, laughing, ...you get it I am sure.

May your day be filled with wonderful knitting and friends, maybe even together!

2 Comments:

Blogger Larjmarj said...

Nice job on the socks and nice colorways! I always seem to have a pair or two going. I always keep a pair going at work to knit during lunch. I'd love to be able to knit during meetings but I think the boss would get a little hostile. Haven't done toe up but I am eyeing some.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susanne, thanks for coming by the blog and the advice.

I'm so sorry about your kitty, too. That is a sweet picture of them. Hang in there, when it rains it pours, but always look to the future with hope.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home