Sunday, May 28, 2006

Socks, Socks & Socks!

Well I did receive my Sockapalooza socks after all, I must admit I was beginning to get a bit worried. However, the wait was definitely worth it as some gorgeous, deep blue alpaca socks arrived along with a skein of Fleece Artist Sock yarn!!!I have cast on for a pair of cabled socks with it already as it is such gorgeous yarn. You can see in the pic it is deep greens, blues and purples. I wanted to knit them up before my sis sees this yarn or she will want it and she is NOT getting her hands on it! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They are definitely a beautiful sock knit by Meghan in Ontario. She is just getting her blog back in shape and you can check her out here Thanks again Meghan, it is a pleasure to meet another Canadian knitter and blogger. They fit so well and are so cozy. For a while, it was very hot here and there wasn't a need for socks so I tucked them away, however yesterday and today are rather cool so they have been on my feet for sure!!
I also have been knitting socks, along with other things and I have managed to finish a couple of pair. I did the Embossed Leaves socks with some gorgeous striped pink Trekking (colour # 133) and although you may question my sanity in knitting such a busy pattern with the variations in the yarn, I am enjoying them.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They seem to be quite springlike and are very pretty. My friend Sandra would not like them as they don't match "exactly" but they are fine for me :)

Then I finished another pair of some yarn that was gifted to me. I don't remember exactly what yarn it is but it is rather scratchy, so I rinsed them in vinegar when I washed them. That seems to have softened them up a bit. Again, S. they don't match exactly but they are fine!Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The kids received the parcel and they L.O.V.E. the dress and sweater however I am anxiously awaiting a picture of sweet C. in it!. I had Happy Birthday sung to me in Japanese, French and English so I feel quite priveleged! Of course, it was only the boys as C. isn't quite that talented yet:)
That is pretty much it for now, I am late in blogging about my Sockapalooza socks so I wanted to get the pics up!
Have a great week everyone and oh the "Pedicure" course went very well now I have to complete 10 pedicures before June 7 for my final exam. There is a written part for about 90 minutes and then we do another ped for our instructor to observe. So far so good and I must review my notes every day to ensure I don't forget anything. Quite alot of detail about the foot, its structure and so on.
bye for now

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! I can't believe what stunningly amazing socks you've been doing, they all look so great! I especially love the Embossed Leaves ones, but actually all of them are great! And so are the ones you received, the seem to fit perfectly - and ohhh, that new sock yarn, no one can blame you for casting on with it already! Looking forward to seeing the socks you're going to make with it! And after all this sock paradise on your page I have to run now and continue working on mine - you got my fingers itchy all over! :)

1:34 AM  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Love all your socks! I am here in sunny and warm Oklahoma and knitting socks has taken a bit of a back seat. I hope you enjoy knitting with Fleece Artist as much as I am. I am knitting a pair of Jaywalker socks with mine!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Fraternal socks are totally OK. Nobody ever checks. I love the leafy pattern, where did you find it?

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue even if those trekking sox do NOT matchy poo.. the pink in them justifies my loving THEM!!!! wow you knit sox fast.. are you trying to compete with Pat!!?!?
this is really Sandra posting but I have not blogged for so long I forget my password and id!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you post last week on another site about sock knitting. I'm curious about your method. You said you'd never use dpns again. I'd love to ditch them, can you offer us dpnners some advice (or books/blogs where other methods are explained)? I've never tried anything else. Thanks!!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh those pretty socks..just gorgeous. angie

6:01 AM  
Blogger test said...

love the Embossed Leaves socks -lovely colours too

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home