Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well almost there

I am on a mission to "finish" the dress and sweater today. As this package has to get to Osaka, I want to get it in the mail today if possible.

It needs buttons and the snaps that I will put in for the real closures on both the sweater and the shoulder straps of the wee jumper. It is truly darling and I will post pics once it is all ready to go! I am quite delighted so far except for a bummer with the yarn. On 3 occasions some sort of "dark blue" came out of the centre pull skein which was obviously some sort of dye mistake or splash! I have washed it and in particular tried to scrub those areas but one is on the front (of course!) of the sweater! bummer....

In other news, my Sockapalooza socks were sent off good and early and the USPS tried to deliver on April 29 (almost 2 wks ago) and left a card for the recipient to pick the parcel up at the post office. That has not happened and one wonders if she is away or just not getting her mail. I have sent her a message but sure wish she would pick up the parcel! They are nice socks and I want her to have them!!!:)

I have signed up to take some training in "Foot Care" and in particular for Seniors and diabetics. I am hoping this will be a nice, relaxed way to earn a living and go on about my rather uneventful life. That course starts (3 days) on May 24. Then the "advanced" is in early June!

I have made several enquiries about advertising and getting some business so we shall see.
Yesterday looked after wee CM for several hours..DD is very busy right now..she was recently very successful in bringing in the largest EVER job her company has ever had, almost $300K worth of printing.!! It all seems to be going well and we went to "Swiss Chalet" to celebrate with everyone for a nice family dinner on Tuesday evening. As a Mom, I am so proud of her and the work she does with her long time customers!

That is it for today, I will post pics tomorrow after completing all the finishing on the outfit for Caelan. It is always more than one imagines and I want it to be especially useful for both she and her parents!
May your day be filled with pleasant knitting and nice finishing:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Hi Susanne! Thanks for the compliments on my new Top! I added an addendum to my post re: commodes so have a look :)

I'm so sorry about your sweet Socks! I feel for your loss!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I will second that, your sockapalooza socks are very nice and I know your pal will love them!

Can't wait to see the pics of Caelan's outfit.

I am so glad to hear that you signed up for the 'foot care' course. Good luck with that and I will be thinking about you.

Congrats to your DD! She really is going well isn't she. I can understand why you would be so proud of her.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Bradley said...

Thiis is awesome

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home